Wednesday 29 July 2015

2 hour quick scene

I often swing past a place that's near our campus called Whipper Snapper Distillery which has a coffee shop in the front. While I was waiting I snapped a few photos and decided to model a quick scene from them, pinching some textures from the photos.

The photos I took on my phone camera (Samsung Galaxy S4).


All up the scene took about 2 hours to model, texture and render. The UV's are quite terrible and are a total hack job, the texture density could have been figured out better, and my modelling could have been more efficient but the idea was speed. I want to get a lot more of these little tests done with time constraints.

Render of the scene. Beauty & quick AO pass comped.


Second render.
Basic normal and spec maps were generated from the texture within Photoshop without spending too much time. The scene is relatively low weight with 3270 poly's. Textures were 2k resolution, a standard Blinn was used in Maya for the shader, the little tumblers on the counter top were created from a mia_material_x.

Diffuse, spec, normal, all from PS. The only thing not sourced from photos was the metal texture.


No comments:

Post a Comment